Wieliczka Salt Mines
A must-see place. The Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the oldest salt mines in the world, listed on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List. You will discover magnificent chambers, lakes, galleries carved in salt.
- Admire St. Kinga’s Chapel – at the depths of 100 m underground
- See beautiful brine lakes
- Explore 135 m (400 feet) deep galleries of the mine
- Walk in the Graduation Tower (depends on the availability)
The Mine has been in operation since the 13th c and was listed by UNESCO in 1978 as a World Cultural Heritage site. The tourist route on three levels of the mine covers 20 chambers carved in salt, all at a depth ranging between 64 to 135 m (200 to 400 feet). Beautiful chapels, charming underground lake.
⇒ Pick up from your hotel in Krakow
⇒ Travel time: about 30 – 45 ‘ to Wieliczka (which is situated 14 km E from Krakow).
⇒ Visit at the Mine (duration 2,5 hours) with professional licensed English speaking guide
⇒ Relax in the graduation tower – about 30′
⇒ Return trip to Krakow / hotel – about 30’
Meeting location & Tour duration:
- Tour starts: at your hotel/ apartment
- Tours ends: at your hotel/ apartment
- Tour duration: around 5 hours
- local English- speaking guide in the mine shared with other visitors during so-called regular tour
- admission tickets to the mine
- admission tickets to the graduation tower
- return transfers door-to-door (private transport by air-conditioned car or minivan)
- food & drinks
- personal expenses
- private English speaking tour-leader during your journey to the mine
Attention: if you are more than 20 – please don’t hesitate to contact us at: https://slowtourspoland.com/contact