Ojcow National Park
Take time during your Krakow visit for a relaxing day trip to the magical area of Ojców National Park. Hike through the woods, marvel at the rock formations and see castle ruins. Do all of it at your own pace.
- Hike through dense woods up to the Krakow Gate rock formation
- Discover the well-preserved Renaissance Castle at Pieskowa Skala
- Visit ruins of the 14th century medieval castle of Ojcow
- Discover the wonders of nature such as The Club of Hercules
- Admire fascinating jurassic rock formations
Availability: April – OctoberRequest tour
Ojców National Park is only 25 km north from Krakow’s Old Town. This picturesque area is full of mysterious caves, ruins and limestone rocks.
Your adventure starts in Czajowice, where you’ll find the large limestone cave known as Grota Lokietka. Hike through the dense woods and among the rocks to the imposing Krakow’s Gate rock formation. At this point, you’ll be in the center of the park, and you will walk along Pradnik River Valley, where the Gothic Ojcow castle ruins lie waiting to be explored.
From there you will be taken by car to visit Pieskowa Skała Castle, one of the best-known examples of renaissance architecture in Poland situated among forests on a hill overlooking the scenic valley. In front of the castle there is the Hercules’ Club, 25-meter high limestone column. Your private guide will reveal all secrets of this beautiful, natural land.
Meeting location & Tour duration:
- Tour starts: at your hotel
- Tours ends: at your hotel
- Tour duration: around 6 hours
- hotel pick up and drop off
- transportation by private air-conditioned car/ minibus
- Ojcow National Park guiding services
- admission tickets to Ojcow Castle
- food and drinks
Your tour can be extended, if you wish to see more:
- you can visit a courtyard and interiors of Pieskowa Skała castle with its exhibition entitled: “Transformation in European Art” (additional entry fee/ optional)
- visit to one of still-operating local mills