Auschwitz-Birkenau – study tour
KL Auschwitz-Birkenau was built by the Nazis during World War II and has become the symbol of the most atrocious form of evil created by man. It is on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS NOT A SHORT, STANDARD AND RUSHED VISIT, BUT A COMPLETE, 1-DAY VISIT TO THE CAMP.
- One-day study tour – 6 hours visit to the camp (2,5 hours more than during the standard visit)
- In Auschwitz I – in comparison to the standard tour, you will visit additionally selected exhibitions: ‘Reserve’ Block maintained and presented in its original condition (on availability), the Shoah’ Block no 27
- In Auschwitz II – Birkenau – in comparison to the standard tour, you will also visit the so-called Central Sauna, and the ruins of gas chambers and crematoria IV and V.
- Private transfers – so you can have an extra time after the tour for meditation, taking photos, visit etc.
- Pick -up from your hotel by your personal driver
- Travel time from Krakow: 1 h 30 min to KL Auschwitz 1 (70 km west from Krakow)
- First part: visit of KL Auschwitz (ca 2- 2,5 h) with a local, licenced English speaking guide in a group of max. 20 people
- Short break
- Second part: transfer from KL Auschwitz to Birkenau camp, distance: 3 km/ 1 mile- 5 min drive by a private car
- Guided visit at Birkenau camp (ca 3 – 3,5 hours)
- Free time at your disposal (meditation, photos etc.)
- Return trip to Krakow / hotel
Meeting location & Tour duration:
- Tour starts: at your hotel/ apartment
- Tours ends: at your hotel/ apartment
- Tour duration: 6 hours in the camp + around 3 hours (return journey)
- Door-to- door transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
- Services of a licenced English speaking professional guide from Auschwitz Museum
- Entrance fees
- personal expenses, food & drinks